mardi 21 septembre 2010

Sewing Tutorial

Hi everyone,

  This past Sunday, I began the tedious process of making a close-fitting jacket, which is an imitation of the famous BALMAIN shoulder-padded jacket.
It  is a very difficult and meticulous task in my life as a young designer.


Every part of the garment as to fit my body perfectly. No crease, no ruck, no fault will be tolerated, for every single imperfection is bound to be conspicuous, regarding this kind of fabric (goldy viscose).


So far, I've made the oversewing and the joining of the different parts (sleeves, back, front, collar) but I haven't cut the lining parts. I'm using black cotton for the lapel.

I had to trim the armhole because it was to big for my shoulders.
I always spend a great amount of my time for the alteration....

I'm going to edit a video tutorial next week that I will upload on Youtube for you to see.
This could be so helpful to any of you who wants to learn how to sew, or how to improve your knowledge of designing.



Stay tuned!

What do you guys think so far of my jacket??


1 commentaire:

  1. YOU ARE REALY NICE DESIGNER!! I FOLLOWING YOU PLEASE FOLLOW ME!! http://www.aboutmyfashionlife.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer